Saturday, June 15, 2019

A depressing little piece......

12x16 Oil on wood panel

Something I did for a group show a while ago, whose theme was 'Yellow'.  What you see is about all of that color I can handle.  No yellow flowers in my yard, no yellow clothing in my closet, and a "Sheesh" each spring when the forsythia is blooming. 

Needless to say - it did not sell.  People want art to be uplifting.  Not everything in life is though, and sometimes that's the subject matter that speaks to oneself.

1 comment:

  1. It's an interesting composition! Lot's of angles and planes to make your eye wander. But I'm not a fan of yellow either. Don't wear it, don't have it in my house. I love you work.

    You are right about people wanting uplifting art. I have a piece in my house I can't wait to sell. It's a low number, low print run by famous artist, known all over the world. But the subject of an old woman smoking depresses the heck of of me. My husband bought it for me years ago.

    ReplyDelete